The European Association for Business and Commerce (EABC) is a European Trade Association, representing interests of the European business community in Thailand as well as contributing to the improvement of trade and investment environment in Thailand with a goal to strengthen economic relations between the two economies. The EABC aims to facilitate trade and investment; thus, further diversify market opportunities and access for European companies in Thailand. As a part of European Union, the EABC functions as the EU’s strategy to support the internationalization of European SMEs and enterprises, particularly in emerging and fast growing markets as Thailand and ASEAN.
Formed by a consortium of sixteen business organizations and chambers of commerce in Thailand and Europe with a strong and continuous support from the European Union, the EABC serves as a platform to interacts as ‘a unified voice of European business’ in Thailand and the dialogue partner with the Royal Thai Government and relevant authorities.
Our main activities include carrying out policy and advocacy dialogues, providing support to European companies with trade-related information, and organizing European flagship events, conferences, and EU pavilions at key trade fair to promote business opportunities in Thailandand ASEAN.
Why should you join EABC?
- An authoritative European business voice with official EU mandate
- Access to high-level dialogue and contacts in Thai and European government to influence key policy development and FTA
- Dynamic networking opportunities
- Centralized connection to EU member states and bilateral chambers of commerce
- Access to Intelligence Center for trade and investment information, legal analysis, and advisory services with specialized Help Desk on IPR and technical standards
- Attend European flagship events as visitors or exhibitors – Trade Shows, Fairs, EU conference in coordination with the European Commission and EU member states
- Take part in major European-theme seminars and workshops
- Receive vital notifications, reports, and new alerts
- Participate in useful activities for your business at ten EABC Advocacy Working Groups:
Energy & Energy Efficiency
Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
Rail & Road Infrastructure
To become EABC members, a company must engage in trade, investment, commercial, industrial, or financial business between business entities of European and Thailand or other ASEAN countries. Notwithstanding the country of company’s registration, European trade, investment, commercial and industrial connections can be considered in three categories:
A company that trades or invests with European company (ies); or
A company that is a subsidiary body or regional office of European-affiliated company; or
A company that is governed by European management personnel.